Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kendall's Last Day of School

Kendall's first day of school was just a little over a month ago...but today was her last day. We ended the year with a splash!

I think the pictures definitely speak for themselves. Kendall had a blast. I certainly do not regret my decision to put her in school this year. I could have kept her home this month and started her at the beginning of the year next, but she had an incredible month.

I already see growth in her. She enjoys her friends. She is learning. She is happy.

The team of people who worked with Kendall (her teachers pictured below and many, many others) have all gone above and beyond. Kendall is well on her way to an educational experience with professionals who treat her with respect, dignity, and compassion. We are so, so, so grateful for them.

Today, my heart feels more hopeful than ever for her future. A future where people see her before her disabilities. A future where she is included in everything other kids are included in. A future where she goes on field trips, goes to the library, has pizza parties, eats cake, and splashes in the pool. And is happy. Very, very happy!

010

022

043


058


013

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm so glad Kendall had enjoyed school so much and that it has been such a great experience for her. Caleb always loved PPCD splash day! I'm so glad we finally got to meet too!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

This warms my heart, thanks

Jenny said...

AWESOME!!!

A Journey for Joshua said...

The sky's the limit!