"Life is either a daring adventure...or nothing." ~Helen Keller
OK...so a lot has unraveled in the past 12 hours. I was really struggling with the decision to change Dr.'s. I felt comfortable with Dr. Marks and the facilities, but felt like we needed someone who was going to take this a little more seriously and give us some answers. I went back and forth and changed my mind a hundred times. I became frustrated thinking I had to make decisions regarding seizure medication. (I went to Baylor to be a teacher NOT a Dr....or a mattresses sales rep...but that's a whole other post)Thankfully, I married a man who balances me out. Justin is so level headed. He completely uses reason before emotion when making a decision. He came up with a perfect suggestion and something I would never have thought to do. Why not call Dr. Marks, explain what the other Dr. said, her plan for medication, and get his opinion? Simple enough. We did speak with them, they welcomed the new course of action with the medication and we are also scheduling the video EEG as soon as my insurance approves it. Definitely by Thursday, but possibly tomorrow. Dr. Marks will take a look at the more recent EEG's, come visit Kendall, then talk with us about the furthering the increase. I think that says a lot about him as a Dr. He didn't get all ego'ed out on us...if that makes sense! So we are now staying with Dr. Marks. I feel confident that after the next EEG they will see the pattern, diagnose with Infantile Spasms, and the team of specialists in the EMU can make a plan. We're headed in the right direction. Thanks, Justin.
Kendall had PT this morning. She had 10 really bad seizures while she was here. We love our PT through ECI. She is very different than our PT we see at Cooks once a week. This morning turned into more of a counseling session for me than a therapy session for Kendall, since the seizures wiped her out. We're still waiting for her new glasses. Hopefully we'll get a call that they are ready by the end of the afternoon. One thing at a time!!
Please keep us in your prayers still as we get closer to some answers.