Friday, July 9, 2010

Swimming




Kendall seems to enjoy the pool more this year than last. I don't really put any floats on her anymore. She doesn't like things around her neck for extended periods of time, and she loves being in the water, so we just hold her and let her splash. It wears her out and gives her tons of exercise too! We sing, hop, swing, and dance in the pool for hours on end! It's much easier on my back in the water too!

Earlier this week my friend Jill brought her twin boys over to play and swim. We were pregnant at the same time, but Kendall is quite a few months older than the boys. It struck me funny that they called her "baby." They are so cute and active...I don't know how she does it! Kendall really enjoyed watching them play and was extremely vocal while they were there. She also was jealous when her brother was playing with the boys in the playroom. At first she sat in her child rite chair and observed, but when Kamden started playing with Luke, she had a meltdown. I thought it was cute.

Also, Carter was pretending to bite and I said "oh, no biting" and Kendall got a big grin on her face and proceeded to chomp down on my shoulder! It made me smile.

I can't wait for her Kid Walk to arrive so she can have play dates and be eye to eye with her peers.
Oh, and we have exciting things unraveling with her speech, and I can't wait to share next week :)

3 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

My girl has started biting lately as well! Every night when you rock her to sleep she bites. Over and over, and her teeth are sharp! I have started calling her Pirannah Peanut. :)

It looks so relaxing in the pool. I'm glad Kendall loves it!

TwinsRock08 said...

Thank you for having us. Once again it is confirmed that we need a pool. It is so relaxing and refreshing. We need to come play with Kendall more often.
See ya soon

emily said...

I just found your blog, not even sure how. :) Are you near Ft. Worth? We are in Arlington and I have a little Abe that smiles just like your beautiful Kendall. He has a very significant brain injury (they assume inutero though I didn't give birth to him)......we too are waiting on our kidwalk, can't wait for him to be able to play with his sibs outside.