Monday, January 2, 2012

Quick Christmas Recap...and Some Medical Updates


324 320 312 359 349 345 336 2011 went out with a bang.  Sick kids for two solid weeks through Christmas break isn't fun, but we made the most of it!



But we're over it now.  Everyone is on the mend.  Both kids went back to school today and are back to their old selves again.  Christmas is put away, and I've been purging junk drawers like a champ.  I still have a couple more weeks until my school starts again.  My course load is going to be tough, but I'm getting closer to my goal, so I'll plug on through! 

I'm not usually big on New Year's Resolutions...but this year I'm making one.  I'm going to stop apologizing when I'm fighting for my kids.  Reality is, we are all just trying to get through life.  But if your personal life results in you not following through on what you say you're going to do, and my kid suffers....I'm done with you.  Done. 

Beginning today, Kamden starts training for his black belt.  To say I'm proud of him is an understatement.  He's stuck with Karate, gone when he didn't want to go, and proven to me that he has the stick-to-it-iveness not to quit something he's started.  That makes me proud.  With that said, his schedule is going to be tough these next six weeks.  Between guitar on Monday's, drama club on Tuesday's, and karate 5 days a week (yes...5!) plus schoolwork, it seems like a lot.  He has a lot of work ahead of him! But he says he's determined and can do anything for six weeks.  I just hope I can! 

Kendall did end up returning to the ER last week.  She was satting in the high 80's, low 90's, so we took her in.  We've done some tweaking to her breathing treatments, and it seems to have worked.  While there, we did discover another UTI, so I FINALLY took her back to the Urologist.  We're not new to the whole UTI business.  We're very used to discovering one, starting an antibiotic, switching antibiotics when the cultures come back in...blah blah blah.  But today we did get some answers.  She has blood in her urine again, so another bladder ultrasound and x-ray was ordered.  Could be constipation, could be more kidney related, so we are also going to go back to the Nephrologist.   A few months back I stopped going after they ordered an IMBG scan for high metanepharines.  I felt that was a wild goose chase, and I wasn't prepared to go down that road.  But, I will swallow my pride and go back to see what's going on with her kidneys.  A type one diabetic at 14 months old wouldn't hurt to be followed by a Nephrologist, I suppose. 

January's calendar is filling up fast.  At least we'll hit our family deductible early in the year...




No comments: