It's been 1 week and 4 days since Kendall first got sick. In that time, our nurse was sick, Kamden got sick again...and I got sick for the first time in over 3 years! (I blame no sleep, no running, and somebody drinking the rest of my orange juice).
It's rough taking care of sick kids on your own. Kendall's hives and breathing problems stress me out big. Justin was away in Montana on business, and things have been turned upside down in my house. I hate to complain...but this past week has been HELL. Thankfully, my parents are close and came to my rescue numerous times this week. I would be in big trouble without them. My dad is and always has been the best at helping out. He totes Kamden to school and karate, walks our crazy dogs, and runs to the pharmacy for me (a dreaded task in January!)
But we do have some good news:
1. Poppy and his dog Sadie are resting comfortably in their own home! He had a pace-maker placed on Monday morning, and they were able to pin-point the fall on his irregular heart beat. The skull fracture and bleeds were caused by his head hitting the ground. Yikes! But his headache is doing better and no other surgery was required.
2. Kendall is saying "Daddy" now. Maybe not completely correctly, but she has the same sound and inflection in her voice each time, so I'm certain it's daddy.
3. Our nursing hours have been resolved...so extra help is on the horizon!
4. Spending extra time at home and canceling therapies has given me time to get my office organized. The kitchen drawers are next.
5. Kendall's mobile base for her Squiggles Stander has been approved by insurance and will arrive in a week or so!
6. I have taken two quizzes amidst all this chaos and am averaging an A in school so far!
7. I switched pharmacies for Kendall AGAIN...I did this all over the phone and didn't yell once.
8. We've hit our family insurance deductible for the rest of the year!!!