Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trouble...

So I've been MIA for a while now.  Justin's been traveling, my course load is out of control busy, and Kamden is keeping me busy being his usual 11 year old self.  I'm not complaining...things are pretty good around here.  We finally have some answers and a game plan with Botox for Kendall, Diabetes control, and her bladder issues, but I will post more on that when I have a clear head! 

In the mean time, here's a video about Kendall's time-out situation at school.  I wouldn't say she's defiant...but this past week at the hospital with our nurse, I watched her have a big ol' 4 year old fit.  I got down on her level to reason with her and try to stop her angry behavior, but failed miserably!  I've had tons of training in education and child development...but I've never been very good at it with my own kids.  I'm a softy.  And with Kendall, it's even worse.  It's becoming more obvious to me that I'm an enabler, and that's not OK.  It will only cause her problems in the long run.  I've never been a spanker, but saw very positive responses in Kamden when he was put in time out.  So, I mentioned it to her teacher yesterday afternoon and she explained to me their method at school.  Later that night, I talked with Kendall about it, and here's how it went:



( I had to shut off the camera because I was laughing so hard....again...I suck at this with my own kids.)


6 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Oh my goodness...she is too adorable. I would not be able to discipline that sweet child to save my life.
I am trying to gear up to get back to Body Pump in the early morning hours! :) Hope to see you there soon if I can get out of bed!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh! I laughed too! It's so hard to reprimand when they're so dang cute:-) That pouty lip is a killer;-)

charity said...

she is so cute :) don't worry i laugh at some of the stuff my daughter with special needs does too.

charity said...

what talking app does kendall use? i just got proloquo for my daughter and im wondering if there is an easier app for her to use to communicate

Holly said...

She's so darn cute! Love that girl....

Kim Dickenson said...

Oh geez...she is precious! We still get that pouty lip from our Kendall and she is 15!