Monday, April 30, 2012

Four.

On Friday, my baby girl turned four.

It was quite a week with appointment after appointment.  We did Botox two weeks ago, and while Kendall had a massive headache a few days after (resulting in a frantic trip to the emergency room), she is already reaping the benefits!

We did it under general anesthesia.  Because we needed to go so deep into her hips that was necessary.  It was a quick and relatively painless morning (for me) and Kendall seemed unfazed.  We didn't see any results until about a week later.  It was then we went to our scheduled orthopedic appointment to do x-rays and revisit her hip surgery situation.  To our delight, we discovered that her hips had gone from 60% subluxed to only 40%.  Progress indeed.  So, we have bought ourselves a summer of swimming instead of a summer of surgery and casting.  I'm thrilled beyond words.

We had a small family gathering in celebration of her big day.  We've decided to hold out and have one big party in a few weeks to celebrate the end of school, beginning of summer, and Kendall's birthday.  I'm cutting myself some slack this year.  Between my heavy course load and the number of times I've had to go to Austin for school...April came and went in a flash.  Everyone in my family caught a nasty virus in the past two weeks, so things have been a bit frazzled around here!

I was able to snap a few pictures before I had to leave town on Friday. I'm super behind on blogging, and do have quite a bit to share...but it'll have to wait for another day :)


092 097 104 105

3 comments:

charity said...

i cant get over how cute kendall is. and thats so great that she wont need surgery this summer so she can enjoy it

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Wow what happened to that baby girl? she is all grown up now.
Happy Birthday Kendall

Barbara TherExtras said...

So happy to read that surgery is not necessary!