Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We're All OK!!

I've gotten a few e-mails today to make sure everyone in the Briggs household is OK...and we are. I've just been super busy with work, and the next few weeks will be even worse. Also, as if I have time for this, I started to redecorate my house with the help of my talented friend Theresa. Not sure what started the project, but it has been a great outlet for me from all the ridiculous stress I've been under lately. Unfortunately, once we get started at 9:00 at night, we don't finish until pretty late. Justin is so encouraging and supportive of all my endeavors...and I'm pleased to announce today he agreed to moving the gun safe! WoooHooo!

Kendall's seizures are pretty much the same. My mom has been reading the Ketogenic Diet book and started to make Kendall lots of new foods with Mayo, eggs, hamburger meat, etc. Just trying to get her little taste buds ready for the massive change she's about to undergo. She seems to love all the new flavors. In fact, she's been eating so well lately we've been mixing her Pediasure with skim milk so she doesn't bulk up too much! shhh, don't tell our Dietitian. It seems our PT has strong opinions about Pediasure, thinking Kendall will put on too much weight and develop Diabetes if we continue. Everyone has an opinion it seems. This is one reason I think I like the concept of ECI and everyone working together as a team. No conflicts of interest! We are looking into going to Our Children's House at Baylor for a collaborative team of all the different therapists. Also, we are on a waiting list at the United Cerebral Palsy school in Dallas. I don't know much about it, but if it is as great as I've read...it seems worth considering. It starts at 18 months, and costs less than most day cares, so it would be well worth the drive. Lots of things for Little Miss Kendall in the pipeline. We'll see. In the mean time, keep those prayers coming!

On another note, Justin and I are in the throws of training for an 18K trail run in Austin on August 22. Its going to be grueling in the Texas heat but should be a good time! I've enjoyed getting back to running long distance again, plus its given Jussy and I something to do together. We've been holding each other accountable too! Ask anyone who knows me, I'm a happier person when I'm running...so this should help me not be such a stress ball. Plus I'm looking forward to a weekend away with NO KIDS! Running and Austin, sounds like a good recipe to me.

I have more cute pictures so I'll post with them next time...right now my pillow is calling. Not my mattress. I need a new one. Any suggestions? HA!

4 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Good 4 u!!! I am about to get back to biking! I love biking hills, and such. It's encouraging to hear Kendall is eating solids. I still cannot get Jude to eat baby food like he used to. I am so aggravated.

Jacolyn said...

Hi Jocalyn, I notice one of your responses on Caleigh's Corner because of your name and had to check out our blog. (I am mistaken quite often for a Jocalyn :) I love the way you right and Kendall is so precious! You are a great mom and I love your perspective and outlook on life and all we are dealt. Thanks for sharing your story. Jacolyn lieck3.blogspot.com

TwinsRock08 said...

Thanks for posting. I have been one of the ones worring about yall. I don't want to keep calling and bugging you, but I want to run with you again soon. Call when you have a chance. Hugss to Kendall and Kam.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about developing diabetes at Kendall's age, but I do caution parents of children who do not move much (yet) that (large) size may affect the baby's ability to learn to move (make it more difficult).

Looks like you have several service options where you are. I count that as a good thing.

Congrats on a running goal. You have my admiration! Barbara