Monday, July 25, 2011

Emotional Weekend

We've all been walking around in a bit of a haze the past few days. On Saturday morning we woke up to a crime scene one house away. My mom called early in the morning and told us our street corner was on the news due to a shooting. Of course, Kamden was sitting next to me, so we rushed outside to find crime scene tape and police vans in the road. Turns out it was at one of Kamden's best friend's houses. Out of respect for the family, and considering all of my information is hear say, I won't go into detail. Kamden's buddy's dad was shot in the house. It is such a tragedy, and a reminder to hold those you love close, since we never know what tomorrow will bring. One of the sweetest kids I've ever met (who has spent almost every day at our house this summer) lost his dad forever on Saturday. His mom lost her husband, his parents lost their son. And it has rocked our neighborhood. So, please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers.

I woke up this morning to a phone call from our Director of Nursing in our School District. His assistant informed me when I called back that we are now entitled to use our private duty nurse next year at school with Kendall. I'm not sure why this took 6 months, and loads of e-mails to get the answer we wanted...but it did. And I don't want to question anything at this point! I'm thrilled. This is going to be an awesome year for Kendall!

These next few weeks are filled with getting the kids ready for school. We are going on vacation and returning the day before school starts, so I'm trying to get everything in line this week! On Wednesday Kendall is having another examination under anesthesia for her eyes. We hope to get an even more accurate prescription for her ginormous glasses, and discover that her pressures are within a normal range. She will also have to be admitted due to her previous issues with anesthesia....

I've kind of gotten out of the habit of blogging. I guess living life has taken over writing about it, but that can be a good thing :)


picnik kkj

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry about your neighbor, that is awful. I am glad to hear that Kendall will get her own nurse next year. I'm sure that is such a relief to you!