Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vacation Pictures!

I've totally dropped the ball on sharing our amazing vacation. Life takes over sometimes...but I definitely want to document the trip with a few pictures, and a quick video! My babies are such beach bums!

This first video was taken the day we arrived in Destin. After a long over-night drive (and a detour since I entered the airport shuttle driver's address in instead of our rental...long, long story, but made for some good laughs!) Kendall didn't waste any time at all getting used to the water, sand, and sounds. She enjoyed it immediately!



We decided last minute to take some family pictures on the beach! I'm sure that was a comical sight for onlookers.

277

girlsdestin


I wanted to take more pictures on the beach with Kendall, but stressed out way too much with my camera and phone being in the sand. I'm the one with the sensory issues when it comes to sand and salt water.

IMAG0276

IMAG0255

IMAG0256

IMAG0198

IMAG0136

345

327

334

311

292

002

003

011

I want to give a huge thanks to my sister Kristin for a wonderful, amazing, and memorable trip. She paid for my whole crew to stay in a beautiful condo for a week. Our amazing nurse, Angie, came too. She won't let me post any pictures of her...but I did sneak one in at the top of her with the rest of our family! Having her there allowed me to spend some time with Kamden doing fun things...and gave me some much needed alone time on the beach!

Two years ago when we went to Destin we were in a really bad place. Kendall was seizure free on the Ketogenic Diet, but we had multiple challenges that we would face the week we got home. My mom was just about to undergo her long battle with Cancer and Hep C. I was in the throws of deciding whether or not to quit my job. Kamden was always so worried about his sister that he would cry himself to sleep. Needless to say, we have come a very, very long way. This trip was a celebration of life. Next year, we hope to be able to take everyone again. Maybe with enough notice, our husbands will be able to take off work and join in the fun! I love our family, and am blessed to truly enjoy their company the way I do. Our family game nights were a hoot!

Life is good.

2 comments:

The Henrys said...

What great pictures! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time on vacation. Spending some time alone on the beach sounds like Heaven! Thanks for sharing.

Kristi Wright said...

Jocelyn, this is Kristi (ECI)...how in the world are you?? Okay, so confession time, I check your blog still EVERYDAY. Yes, it's true, 2 years later...Kendall still has my heart and never ceases to amaze me. I have had the urge to comment at least 10, 762 times or something like that and never have. :) Just wanted to say that I miss you and that sweet Kendall girl. She looks amazing and your Mom looks beautiful too. Give Kendall a big hug for me. She continues to inspire me to be better at my job.....so thankful for her.