Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ho Hum...

Well, this post isn't going to be sunshine and roses.

Yesterday my mom (after all she's been through) found out that she has mouth cancer (again) She will need to have a tumor on her tongue removed in the next few weeks. They will take veins out of her arm and skin from her tummy to perform a 6 hour surgery. While in surgery they will also look to make certain the cancer hasn't spread to her lymph nodes or to her throat. She will also have a tracheotomy. This was quite the blow of disturbing news to our family, but somehow, I can't really explain the peace I have with it all. Holly and I were talking, and its like the attitude we (as moms of special children) have developed is that if something is broken, fix it, go to therapy, and move on. Dwelling and worrying don't do anybody any good. It sucks. Life sucks sometimes. But somebody always has it worse than you do.

Justin got a promotion at work. This is very bittersweet for me because it is a great, much deserved, move in his career, but he will be traveling more than he is home. That will take some getting used to for me. He travels a lot now, but not every week.

Kendall is doing very well. She's making sounds right and left and loves to talk on the phone to anyone who is available. I need to catch it on video. Her facial expressions are hysterical. She has been eating orally lots of new things. I figure if they are quitting her diet cold turkey from 2.75:1 ratio to normal diet overnight, adding a few new things before Wednesday won't hurt. She's eaten a whole serving of Gerber yogurt, a bite of a shredded bbq sandwich, bananas, diced apples, cookies, sugar free ice cream, and has enjoyed frequent licks from lolly pops! All without cream or oil. It has been liberating.

Poor Kamden got 4 baby teeth pulled today to make room for his big teeth. He's been miserable. I about died when I saw how big the roots were. Apparently they get smaller as the big teeth push on them, who knew! He's also very close to my mom, and is taking this pretty hard.

So, ho hum. Keep my family in your prayers in the upcoming weeks, please!

7 comments:

Reagan Leigh said...

I'm so sorry Jocalyn. Your poor mom has been through so much...I know that adds a lot of stress to your life. You're sure taking it like a trouper though. I hope your mom is taking it as well. I will certainly keep you all in my prayers! I'm glad to hear that Kendall is doing so well lately. I was really impressed by what I saw on that video the other day.

Jennifer said...

Cancer just SUCKS! That's all I have to say. Many prayers for your mom.

Dixie said...

Your family will be in our prayers. I am sure it is hard, but give it to God.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Your Mom will be in my thoughts. I am sorry that she is dealing with this again.

Gilda said...

So much going on with you, will be thinking and praying for your mom and your family as well.

maria said...

Of course... I'm sorry there's more for you all to bear... wonderful news about Kendal's progress though :)

Kendra Dolan said...

Veryy nice blog you have here