Monday, November 8, 2010

Video...

This might be my favorite video so far. It's pretty quick and to the point, but to me, it shows progress. Not long ago Kendall had a huge fear of horses. We so desperately wanted her to enjoy being at the barn and around the horses. We wanted her to benefit from Hippo therapy or Therapeutic Riding. I wanted her to have something special to do with her daddy. And when given the opportunity to warm up to them in her own time, she came around. Now I feel confident that in the near future she will be able to reap the benefits of horse therapy. (we just have to work on getting the helmet on her...and I'm on the hunt to find a custom boot maker who can build her some to go over her afo's....yes, I'm serious...we live in Ft. Worth!)

The contact fitting went about like I expected. I was able to get the hard lens in her left eye, but unable to get it out. The Dr. who did the fitting left it up to me. She said she can return it within 90 days if we decide against it. I said we had a lot coming up in the next few weeks (ending the diet and beginning a normal diabetic toddler diet) and I wanted to re-visit it in a few weeks. So at our next ophthalmologist appointment with our regular PO in December, we will try again...maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you given a little a little "plunger" so to speak to remove the contact? It looks like a toilet plunger but only a suction cup on the end and the contact sticks right to it. If you don't have one-I definitely suggest asking for one! They are magic!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Oh man, I cannot see the video. I will look again when I get home, I am sure it's precious.