Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gone Country

The Gray family and the Briggs family got in touch with their country side this weekend.

Kendall and I have not been back to the farm Justin grew up on in about 2 years. I've been scared something would happen and we would need 911... I've also been frightened about scorpions or allergies, the list goes on and on!

Fortunately, this weekend the stars aligned. Everyone was healthy. Everyone was off work. The weather was beautiful. It was time to face the fear I have of traveling with Kendall. So we did it. Holly, Eric, and Caleigh joined us. (which put my mind at ease since Eric's a fireman/paramedic!) I was prepared for no sleeping and fits since, well, the girls tend to give us a run for our money sometimes. (Kendall has also recently developed a fear of Caleigh! Anytime Caleigh would cough or sing, Kendall cried and pulled her hair. But, this weekend, we successfully broke her of that! I'm glad to know the girls can hang out again!) The slept fairly well, and we avoided any major disasters.

Holly, the girls and I had a great time taking nature walks and soaking up the scenery. And there's nothing like fried catfish, wine out of a plastic glass, and coyotes howling at the moon to bring you back to your roots.

The boys shot guns and did boy stuff...which I probably don't really want to know the details of.

It was a good time. I have more confidence in traveling with Kendall. She adapted to her surroundings. Kamden had a blast, and our lab Chloe is out for the count on my office carpet right now! We are all beat...and will hopefully get a good night's rest tonight!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend... and one of Kendall on St. Patrick's day!


041

035

053

089


092

015

4 comments:

A Journey for Joshua said...

Awesome Jocie, I'm so happy for you guys! It feels so great when everything works out and you get to do "normal" stuff.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

First, let me say I HATE scorpions so I am glad you did not encounter any :). I thrilled you had a good time. I love being outdoors. You guys look very happy

Gilda said...

Sounds like everything went great. Glad you all were able to get away and Kendall was able spend time with her friend:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I love being the country (occasionally) too. So happy for both your families - that you can enjoy time together. Barbara