Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good News


We had our endorcine appointment today...


I had a gigantic list of questions.


He answered them all.


I was pleased with all the answers!


To begin with, her A1C is still perfect. The pump continues to do its job. The bruises on her legs from the site placement all look fine. I was given a few tips to change things around a little bit.


He signed off on our Speech request to begin phase 3 and 4 of the G button Wean. This makes me very happy. He felt the need to tell me how hard this was going to be, and not to get my hopes up. All that did was light a fire under me to show him what Kendall (and me) are made of. It will be a lot of work, and require some extra things because she is diabetic, but we shouldn't have any problems.


Starting tomorrow (I'm too exhausted to start today) we will be completing a basal worksheet to determine whether her highs and lows are related to her insulin to carb ratio, correction ratio, or her basal rate. From there, we can safely let Kendall eat and drink when she feels hungry or thirsty. (Sounds simple enough, right!?)


And, the best news of all...our Endocrinologist completely agreed with my gut feeling to halt the iodine drops and not go through with the IMBG scan. He doesn't think it is necessary. He thinks they are "over-reacting and blowing it out of proportion." So, yay! No anesthesia for Miss Kendall for a while!


Kendall has had 2 pretty bad seizures in the past week. We adjusted her Keppra dose and hope that will do the trick. She weighs 31 pounds now, so the dose needed to go up anyway. They both happened while she was sleeping. Another video EEG is in the works right now. Hopefully we've waited long enough and are able to miss flu/cold season in the hospital! We'll see!


Kendall turns 3 on April 27, and we are eagerly awaiting the written evaluation from our school district. As far as I know, there is still a lot that needs to be worked out with nursing and AAC before Kendall begins school. I'm sure it will all work out. I'm not so much a fly by the seat of my pants type of girl when it comes to Kendall, but I am trying to be patient. Our April calendar is filling up quickly, and Justin's traveling a lot, so hopefully we will know something soon!


Ok, that's all. I'm off to do homework and more spring cleaning!



No comments: