Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Chair...?



Ok...so everybody needs a comfy chair, right? (all physical therapists...look away!)


For the past 18 months Kendall has reclined in her boppy papasan chair. I've taken a million pictures of her in it. It has lasted way longer than I ever expected. We usually set her there when we need to get something done in the kitchen, or administer meds/check blood sugars. But with her recent weight gain, she's bottoming out.


I've been searching for a replacement. Today at a local discount store, there it was...the only one of its kind...at the end of the isle...all lights shining on it and telling me to purchase it.


So I did.


But now I'm not sure. She kinda likes it, but is a little skeptical. So I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it. What do you think? It doesn't give any support whatsoever, but I figured it would serve the same purpose as the boppy. A comfy recliner she can hang out in when she's just relaxing. And I think it's really cute!!!


Oh, and it comes with a cup holder (so what if she doesn't need one!) And the bottom of the cup holder reminds the owner "this is not an ashtray" Um, yeah. No kidding?


So its a test run right now. Think we should keep it? I already ordered a bean bag for Christmas... Help me justify my buyer's remorse.


15 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes, yes, yes.....everyone DOES deserve an "easy chair"!! And she looks SO DARNED cute in it!!

Heather said...

Keep it,keep it, keep it ... it is the cutest thing ever!!!

Holly said...

LOVE IT!!! It looks so comfy ;-) Uh, and Pink of course. It's perfect! Where did you order your bean bag chair from? I'm on the hunt for one too.

Mo said...

KEEP IT!

Tara Bennett said...

I have chair envy!

That is hands down the cutest chair I have EVER seen.

Love it!!!

K D said...

very pretty. it is a keeper

Reagan Leigh said...

SO adorable! Definitely keep it. I can't believe it actually reclines! Looks comfy.

Candace said...

Hey, Jocalyn. Don't feel guilty! She looks pretty comfy! It's nice to get up off the floor and be a little like everyone else, sometimes. I wish we had one of those for Faith right now. She is stuck on the floor for a month now!

Bronx Cataldo's said...

She looks very comfy in it.We used to have a little burgundy one but it broke it must have been at least 7 years old. If you want to give her more trunk support get the pool noodles. What you do is get an old towel, then measure from her hiney to about 2 inches under her arm pit. Then wrap the noodles one on each side and then put the towle under her back and presto she will sit up better in the chair. I used the pool noodles for alot of things because the are not expensive.

my life: said...

Too cute! I love it :0)

jacqui said...

keep the chair already. we have one similar only it is a chocolate brown. we have an adjustable table from ikea that Moo uses with it. it's his lounging in front of the tv with the computer on the table chair. we use towels down the side to make it just that little bit more stable for him.

Love the pink. only, it wouldn't work in my household.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I want to get one!

Pam

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Oh it's super cute!!! Another good chair is the "love sack" it's like a large microfiber bean bag. We used one at my friends house, and Jude LOVED it. We are hunting him one right now.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

That is definitely the cutest kid's chair I've ever seen!

gilda said...

Look at that cute little princess in that pink chair....I agree keep it its adorable:)Pink is her color.