Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year...


I started to post a video a few days ago. I made a really cool slide show of our family's 2009...complete with music and quotes and fancy transitions. But I can't get it to upload! I'm embarrassed to tell you how long I spent making it. Maybe this year I'll take a computer class!
But I'm giving up now and starting over for a Happy New Year posting!
It's been an emotional few weeks. No matter how hard I try to pretend the holidays are fantastic...the truth is, it's a constant reminder that we're in a different place than we ever thought we would be.
Whether it's having to educate teenage waitresses about wheelchair accessible tables, or explaining to your 9 year old son he can't open Santa presents until his sister's seizures cease, or declining a New Year;s Eve party invitation because you don't have someone qualified to handle your daughter's medical needs, it's different. But the truth is, I love my life. And honestly, I wouldn't change it.
At the end of the day, I have a beautiful family, an amazingly-hysterical-goofy-always-there-for-you-no-matter-what group of friends, and a very encouraging support system! So, I'd say I'm doing alright!
This year....I'm looking forward to Kendall hitting many new milestones and enjoying life instead of worrying so much about everything. I also plan to be bikini ready by summer...























4 comments:

gilda said...

Happy New Year! Jocalyn, wishing you the best year ever many <> to sweet little Kendall.

gilda said...

Sorry that was many (hugs)not sure what happened:)

Val said...

It was great to see you! I was sad that I couldn't cuddle with Kendall because of the snotty nose, but that meant that I could play with Kamden on the Wii, so it worked out. your whole family is amazing!

Tara Bennett said...

Girl, I am right there with ya on the video upload issue. If you figure it out, will you let me know? I had to give up after wasting the better part of two days trying to figure it out. Ugh!

I totally get what you're saying about the holidays emphasizing your unexpected life. But like you say, it's a good life. You've embraced thsi life well and inspire me :)

Cheers to a wonderful 2010 for your family!