Friday, June 18, 2010

We're Home!


And very happy about it! Kendall is doing so much better. She's mostly off pain medication, although we gave her some in the middle of the night because she seemed uncomfortable for some reason. Just when I think her sugars are off the charts, they test normal. And when I think for sure she's fine, they are sky high. Crazy child.

Other than being on high alert with her sugars and ketones, we were able to get a bit of rest. We have a busy day today. Kamden's been in music camp all week, and has his performance this afternoon. I'm sure Kendall will enjoy the outing.

The picture above is Kendall, my dad, and me meeting Troy Aikman in the hospital right before discharge. He was there with his daughters passing out prayer bears (Kendall already has a whole shelf full of them!) He was very sweet, and offered to take a picture with us. My dad was pretty excited...but personally, I prefer rock stars to athletes :)

So, we're happy to be back in our element. I'm always reminded that a bad day at home is still better than a good day in the hospital!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you guys made it home!! It is true, a bad day at home is always a good day no matter what. As long as you ARENT in the hospital.

Nikki Belshe, MT-BC said...

I thought that nurse looked like Troy Aikman! ;)

So glad to know y'all are home. Have a relaxing weekend! Thanks for keeping us all updated - your family is loved and adored by so many!