Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sunshine

justin and kendall

We finally have sunshine! I was able to go for a jog today...the first time in a long time. I feel a ton better.

Poor Kamden's fever actually turned out to be strep A and influenza B. We all had the flu shot, but they have seen a lot of break through flu. His fever got really high yesterday (105.8) and I panicked. He's not the one that gets sick. Thankfully our nurse was here and she kept me calm and helped me get through it. Have I mentioned how much I love her? I try to respect her privacy, but I have to say that without her, my life would be so different. She has absolutely no idea how much my whole family loves her and appreciates her.

So our pediatrician decided it would be a good idea to start Kendall on Tamiflu too. So far so good. It was a bit of a feat though finding it. Of course, the one pharmacy that had it didn't file our insurance (if we were straight Medicaid they would have) so I had to pay it and pray I get reimbursed for it in the next 8 months. (it was over $300)

We took Kendall for her Endocrine labs and her Nephrology labs. There was a small malfunction with the tourniquet, and Kendall was left with blood everywhere and a very bruised up arm. I was going to post a picture, but it's not exactly something I want to remember.

Yesterday was definitely a day that I'd like to forget.

Please keep Kamden in your prayers as we get him well, and also pray Kendall doesn't get it. With all the travel Justin does, I don't know how I would handle both of them ill. I don't have enough hands and am sure Kendall would end up in the ER. Is February almost over? I swear, February and September are not good months for this family!

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Staying hopeful for Kamden to get well and Kendall to stay well. I can't help but think back to when you were concerned about getting in-home nursing care. I am so glad you have found someone who is gives you comfort and care, too.

I notice the wall of crosses behind your Hubby and Girl in the photo. Nice! Barbara