Monday, March 1, 2010

My Husband

I want to post this, not because I want to brag, but because I want Justin to know how much I love him, and could NEVER do this without him.

It dawned on me this morning (no pun intended) when I awoke at 4:30 to check Kendall's sugars. My amazing 6 foot 5 husband was sleeping soundly on approximately 6 inches of sleep space on the side of our bed. Kendall slept in our bed last night because she couldn't get comfortable in her crib because she had to be propped up. Chloe the 90 lb black lab was at the bottom of the bed making herself comfortable under Justin's legs. And Kendall had inched herself off the pillow propping her up all the way over to Justin's cheek. Snoring right in his face. He didn't even flinch. I'm sure it was a miserable night's sleep, but he didn't complain once! I must have bitched and moaned a hundred times this weekend due to lack of sleep and sore shoulders from carrying Kendall, but Justin didn't complain at all. (well, ok maybe a little in the wee hours of the night Saturday...but who could blame him!?)

Trust me, I know I'm a lucky girl to have a husband who is such a good daddy. He works super hard all day, and as soon as he walks in the door, he eagerly takes Kendall from me to love on her and hold her until bedtime.

I know from experience that raising a healthy child isn't easy for a mom who works full time and has to care for a child and keep up with all the household responsibilities. And caring for a special needs child is even harder. So I certainly do not take for granted that Justin is so selfless and loving that he puts Kendall's needs and mine before his own. Men like him are few and far between.

So I just wanted to post this to let him know how much I love him, and how lucky I know I am to have him. He's given up his bachelorhood. His quiet house, free time, and spending money, all to provide for me, Kamden and Kendall. And best of all, he's done so with a smile on his face. He's always happy to see us (or at least acts like it :)) at the end of the day. He always makes me laugh. And even though sometimes it makes me crazy that he leaves his dishes and clothes all over the place, and completely tunes me out while playing video games, he is the love of my life. I'm blessed to have a male role model for Kamden who models what it's like to be a man and step up to the plate when the going gets tough. He never quits. And I know that is hard to come by, especially in a situation like ours.

So, Justin, thanks for being such a good daddy. I love you dearly.

Oh, and by the way, do you think you could use some of your vacation time this spring to care for Kendall so I can head to the next TRAIN concert series in North Texas and Oklahoma?!?!? xxoxoxoxox

5 comments:

Jessica said...

He IS a pretty good egg!! Oh, and Jussy PLEASE keep Kendall so Jocalyn can head to Ok (even if it is for a Train concert, maybe we can sneek a dinner in or something!!!). Love you guys!

Candace said...

What a great hubby! Come on down to SC, Jocalyn. You can sneak in to Train in my purse!

jocalyn said...

Candace, don't think I won't take you up on that!!!

Tara Bennett said...

Way to butter him up before you ask for a favor! I love it!!!

Awesome husbands really are the best. There is NO way I could do this without my bff holding my hand. No way at all.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

wow, you could have written my blog from last night. I woke up early in the morning and there was Jude, in Mike's arm, with Mike sleeping away. The cat at the end of the bed, etc etc. Awesome husbands are great!