Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Words.

Thanks for all your comments on the "Mama" post. I feel the need to tell you that video really didn't do her justice! She will repeat Mama when asked almost every time now.

And "dog" (when they bark or shake)

And "egg"

And she's back to saying "Dada"

We've also recently heard the B sound.

I'm thrilled. It is so fun to wake up in the morning and witness Kendall's speech evolving so quickly.

It seems when we can keep her healthy for an extended period of time, she makes huge strides in development. I feel so encouraged by this.

And, I have to tell you this story...I was with a few of my girlfriends Saturday night and of course, bragging about Kendall. I pulled out my phone (Blackberry) to show them the video. My one friend tried to pull it up, but it was taking too long to load, so I just kept "clicking" on video over and over on my phone until it said it was loaded. Then a video started playing.

Nothing could have prepared me for what came next. (the look on my friends' faces was totally priceless!!) The video playing was not Kendall's video at all. It was an "adult video." The first words out of my friend Sara's mouth was "is that Justin?" And I froze. Completely mortified. What the heck?! Immediately I called Justin and ordered him to my computer to make sure it wasn't on the blog that way...like if it was hacked into or something. Thankfully it was fine. And while we all had a seriously good laugh (the kind where your tummy hurts the next day) I'm still baffled by what happened on my phone.

So, if any of you had the same experience trying to view that video from your phone....and I really hope you didn't....please know that was not what I "captured!" Don't want to lose my Blogger privileges!!!

3 comments:

Jill Calvert said...

OMG, I am still laughing so hard it hurts...I think im laughing more at Sara's response than the video on your phone....I needed a good laugh...LOL

Candace said...

Oh NO, Jocalyn! That is aweful but hilarious! I am sure that Kendall is so proud of herself as well!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Omg, that is hilarious!!! Good for Kendall!!!