Friday, May 15, 2009

New Computer!


OK... So, I got a new desktop computer...and can I just say...it is life changing. My screen is so much bigger than my laptop! I can now navigate Facebook way faster than before...and Blogger...oh. my. gosh. You people are so much cuter than you were before! I'm so excited!
Kendall drank out of a straw today. Speech brought a new Nuby cup that has a straw that actually changes its flow based on the child's sucking ability. Our Speech Therapist thought it would take her about a month to catch on...nope. She did it the second try. She was biting it a little, but she definitely sucked. So it begins...we underestimate Kendall, and she proves us wrong!
She's been a little tight. Her feet are pointing a lot and her heels have a lot of wrinkles. I have been stretching them a lot, but I'm concerned. If anybody has any suggestions to loosen her feet, please share. The PT's haven't really mentioned it.
Hope you all have a great SEIZURE FREE weekend!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

If you get advice pas it this way. Jude is pointing his toes a lot lately.

Ellen Seidman said...

Congrats on the new computer. And, AMEN on a seizure-free weekend. And week. And further.
It is amazing that Kendall is drinking out of a straw, Max does not yet have that skill, and sometimes I despair about it, given that he is 6. As for the feet pointing, I wish I had advice. I used to massage and stretch Max, and that helped some, but you already are doing that. Stroking his insole also helped him relax.

Jessica said...

GO KENDALL GO!!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy. I waver between not making people search my blog vs. entering a url into a comment.

The post I recommend you start at is "Bone Connections" on April 1 - click the month under archives.

Are you uncomfortable bringing a question to your PT? She's really the best person to ask.

I really believe in standing (weight-bearing) starting at one-year. Usually braces and a piece of equipment are needed.

I think it is neat you get together with Jude's Mom and Caliegh's Mom.

And congrats on the new computer. Kind of like a new car, eh? I love technology! Barbara