Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stay at Home Mom!


I am enjoying being a stay at home mom this week! Kendall has been a joy. Yesterday our day was full...we enjoyed being outside a lot. The day started with the nutritionist. Kendall has gained a pound and a half back. Then we enjoyed meeting Caleigh and Holly for coffee. Then we hob nobbed at the playground with the other PTA moms (ha!) while waiting for Kamden to get out of school. After that, Kam had a friend over to swim and then we headed off to Karate. Kendall was such a trooper the whole day. She crashed last night and almost slept the whole night.
This morning, seizures were terrible during therapy. When we went to the nursing home to see my grandmother (who, by the way, thought I was my mom the whole time...saying how great I looked for being so old) her seizures were unbearable. I have a call in to the Neuro to find out if there's anything we can do. I'm thinking maybe her recent weight gain could be the cause. I don't know...
We also have an ABR? I think. scheduled on Wednesday after her eye surgery. They are going to check Kendall's hearing. Looking at her MRI, one would think she would have hearing issues, but she seems to hear fine?! Who knows...since she will already be sedated for her eye surgery, they are going to meet us in recovery to perform the test. I haven't wanted to address this subject because hearing has always been one of Kendall's strengths as far as I'm concerned. So, we'll see.
Miss Kendall is waking up now. I'm headed to her room to get her stretches and exercises in (see, Nonna...I'm making her work!)
Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather! So glad it finally stopped raining...

3 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I wanna be home too!!!! wahhhhh. lol

Unknown said...

Love this picture!

Unknown said...

we miss you kendall. grandad.