Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Better Day

Kendall is doing better today. So am I.

I had a friend come visit today. It broke up the day at a perfect time. Just having someone to hold Kendall and gush over her made me not feel like I was on a deserted island. I've kind felt like that a lot this week. So big thanks to Liz for taking time out of her day to just rock Kendall and play her favorite tunes on her iphone!

Seizures have not shown their ugly faces today. Blood sugars are still confusing to me. The poor Diabetic Educators are probably wishing they never met us. I speak with them at ungodly hours through the night, then first thing when we wake up at 6am. We've made so many changes, and Kendall is so confusing to everyone, they've changed her protocol 5 times, and even created a new form just for her. Hopefully this will all be settled down by the time we make it to see our Dr. on Tuesday.

Kamden has been a trooper. Although I am more crabby than normal, he's been a champ. Reading his reading minutes without a fuss and completing his homework on time! He received his blue belt last week and is more hyped about Karate than normal. Thanks to grandad, he's been able to play on the playground every day after school and get to Karate during the week. I'm sure eventually I will get into the swing of things, but right now I don't feel comfortable taking Kendall too far from home.

Nonna is over right now working with Kendall. I can hear her squealing gleefully in the other room (Kendall that is...well, and Nonna too!)

Thank God for our amazing support system. And my amazing husband who comes home after a long day at work and takes over without the blink of an eye so I can go running, and prepare lunches and meals for the next day every evening!

We're getting into a new routine.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

6 comments:

Rhea said...

I'm so happy to hear that Kendall and you are better. One day at a time - easier said than done. We have had a real difficult two weeks with Anna also. I totally get the ups and downs. Thanks for sharing your journey with others - especially ones that are going through similar journeys.

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving for a good day; prayers for another.

Barbara

Unknown said...

you and your family, continue to be in my prayers...I'm glad to hear that today has been a better day

Holly said...

So glad everyone is having a better day. I hope the night goes well too.

I remember the early days with Caleigh at home after she stopped breathing in the car. I was freaked out that she would stop breathing again so I didn't sleep and when I did it was with her on top of me so I could feel her breathe. We had an apnea monitor attached to her at all times, oxygen, TPN pumps and her feeding pump.

I know the girls have different issues but your not alone in your feelings and thoughts. It does get better, eventually.

Try getting double or triple of everything and pack a to-go car bag. Those see through makeup bags work good. Have one for the diaper bag and one for the car. Syringes, alcohol, etc. Every time you use something make sure to replace it.


Talk to ya soon!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Glad your day was better. One day at a time.

Renee' said...

I am so happy to hear thea your day has been better. Friends are truly a blessing in life and really have the ability to know when and what each other need and I am glad yours was there for you today. Here is hoping for more better days. Your all in my prayers daily.