Friday, March 27, 2009

Hot Yoga!

On a totally unrelated Kendall topic, I have a new addiction! I haven't been running much since the White Rock Marathon in December. I just haven't been motivated. But, things have been so ridiculous with work and Kendall, I decided I need to find another way to de-stress! So, thanks to my friend Jill, I went to Hot Yoga at a Yoga studio here in town. This was my first time attending, and I swear I sweat more than I have running outside in the Texas heat. And oh.my.gosh. let me just tell you it was 1 hour and 30 minutes of pure bliss. I felt so completely rejuvenated! This morning I woke up and my neck (which is usually completely tense from stress and driving) did not have one knot! So, I'm hooked.


Kendall has been giving me fits every morning and evening with her eating. She simply has lost all interest in spoon feeding. ALL of her medicine requires her to eat, so we are really faced with a dilemma. Since her swallow study was OK, Speech has suggested we start introducing other foods. More table foods like mashed carrots and potatoes with ranch dressing and ketchup. I'm hoping this will do the trick.

We do have some new things to share! I recently gave Kendall a sippy cup with a bit of juice in it, and she held it on her own!!! (her hands look fisted, but they aren't. The cup has handles!) Also, ECI brought us a switch toy. It's a cow that moos and wags his tail and walks toward her. As you can see, Kendall gave him sugars! She loves it! Also, our wonderful OT has been working on Kendall using her hands more. She started holding links and banging them together. She is actually starting to play!! So exciting! These are things we've been waiting for for a very long time!

That's all I have! Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Where did this week go???

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I want some of those sugars!!!!