Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Playing with Nonna


Well...I have just a few minutes before we need to leave to go to the Hematologist...and I wanted to do a quick shout out to my mom!

Nonna is Kendall's primary care taker when I am at work. She also accompanies me to almost every Dr. appointment and therapy appointment! She is an amazing mother and grandmother. I know in the past I have put more than a few gray hairs on her head, but she has been there for me with the same smile on her face through thick and thin. She has the most positive outlook on absolutely everything Kendall related. She must have been a therapist, hematologist, ophthalmologist, speech pathologist, pediatrician, neurologist, etc...in a past life. Her faith in the Lord and His healing powers guides me and holds me accountable throughout this tough journey. She looks after my dad, my sister, my grandmother, all with a positive spin on everything. I'm sure she has her moments, but lately she has hid them from me quite well. Justin and I say on a daily basis how much trouble we would be in without her. And we mean it.

Throughout this experience, I often feel like I am stuck on a deserted island...as friends and even family members don't quite understand the every-day life around here...but my momma is always there with a smile on her face!

Thanks Mom! I love you and respect you now more than ever! Thanks for your patience with me and always being my cheerleader! LOVE LOVE LOVE you!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh ;)!!

Unknown said...

Sending some love & hugs Nonna's way!
I knew Nonna was a fabulous person - after all she raised 2 really great daughters!!!!
Cindy