Friday, March 20, 2009

Mother's Intuition...




We decided to take a family road trip to the farm. Kendall and I usually stay behind when Justin and Kamden go do "guy stuff." Justin's been itching to set up a deer feeder...or whatever you call it... in Oklahoma for a while now. So Kendall and I braved the wilderness because we love our boys.
Kendall and I were asleep in the cabin when Kamden went exploring in a newly built pond that hasn't filled up with water yet. I went out there with him the day before (took this picture...and laughed at my city dog who got stuck in the mud.) Well, Justin wasn't exactly supervising him. While I tend to be a little over-protective when it comes to Kamden running around out there, Justin isn't. He grew up out there and knows every square inch of the place. I grew up on the golf course, so horses, cows, coyotes, wild dogs, hogs, ticks..not so much my cup of tea. Anyway, I was asleep with Kendall and I had a dream of this little 7 year old boy who drown behind my parent's house about a year ago. In my dream the little boy was Kamden. I awoke with my heart pounding. In a few minutes, Chloe came running back to the cabin and pushed the door open, did a few circles, then ran back down by the pond. Justin opened the door to see Kam hysterical, covered in mud, and missing a shoe. Needless to say, he fell in the muck and got stuck. He was pretty upset. I cleaned him off, started the shower, and as he was getting in, I had to pull off a big tick that was stuck on his thigh. ugh! I think Kendall and I will stay behind next time! What I don't know won't hurt me! We did enjoy visiting Kendall's great grandpa, Aunt Donna and Uncle Norman though....so the trip was worth it.

Anyway, Kendall's seizures are about the same. The addition of the Keppra hasn't exactly changed anything. I will continue to be patient. My Dr.'s office called yesterday and told me my blood work came back abnormal. My Factor V was positive. (Justin's still not in the clear, since there's a good chance Kendall had two copies of the gene.) Apparently there may be some other "anticoagulant" or whatever abnormalities in me. My Dr. gets back on Monday and they are going to set up an appointment with a Hematologist for me too. Who knew?

We're looking forward to a fun weekend. Justin's birthday celebration is on Saturday night, and then the family party on Sunday. Can't believe he's almost 31!!!!! hehe.




1 comment:

the fishers said...

That's exactly why my friends baby had his seizure in utereo (he had two copies of that gene). I need to get you guys in contact with each other...