Thursday, August 6, 2009

Guess What!



Kendall had another seizure free day!

Our THIRD one in a row. Thank you for all your prayers. Please pray this continues!

Kamden and I went to the Chiropractor today. I left with a huge bill and a bag full of dietary supplements! Oh, and a new found interest in acupuncture. What has happened to me? I used to be so against "alternative" medicine. Now, I can't stop trying to find the next natural remedy. I'm still not completely a believer. In fact, it seemed a bit hokey, but I feel better already. We'll see if it helps solve some of Kam's issues...(my neck pain is simply stress, driving, and too much computer, usually nothing a glass of wine in the evening can't fix!)
Kendall's WINGBO tummy time swing arrived tonight. I can't wait to set it up and see how (and if) Kendall likes it! There's a strong possibility it will end up in the same pile of "special needs" equipment Kendall couldn't be bothered with! But I guess we gotta try, right?
We head back up to out therapy center for an OT evaluation tomorrow. We have been receiving OT through ECI, but our beloved therapist is quitting. I also have a call in to Therapy 2000 who swore I would receive a return call in 48 hours. I called four days ago. Justin says they are so 2000 and late. So do I.
By the way, even though Kendall is seizure free and more alert, she smells. I'm holding her in my lap right now. She had a great bath, but she still stinks. Its really weird. Its that alcohol smell with something else I can't put my finger on. Kinda nasty. Not as bad as our lab, but close!
Have a nice evening!

4 comments:

Reagan Leigh said...

Three seizure free days...that is just AWESOME!!! The stink is from her being in ketosis. Not sure why, but I know I've heard of that happening. I'd take stink any day over seizures!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I am so glad she is still seizure free! How is it being at home on med leave?? Oh and I became a believer in chiropractors when I was preggo. Jude was breech and I had 2 days to turn him or they were scheduling a c section. She used acupuncture in my feet, and he flipped that day...I felt him...it was so weird. Anyway, miss talking with you. I hope things are better for you, and less stressful. I hope we can all get together again. I am going to meet Katy, and some others tonight in Dallas. I will let you know how it goes. Have a nice day.
Ps ~ Jude had a break through last night I am about to post pics...you will have to come see if you get a chance :)

val said...

I read about the chemical breakdown of Ketosis and extra fatty acids in the body are converted to Acetone (think nail polish remover) and exerted through breath and urine.

Voila. pungent smell=ketosis.

we can't wait to see y'all, although I don't know when that will be.

Ginger said...

Jocie,

I didn't want to say anything, but my husband is a Chiropractor and we are so glad you have sought out care! I have had him read your family's story and we are both so touched! He has said that if your bills get too high (as you mentioned), he would be happy to take care of your family for free. Kendall's story is so moving and we both get tears in our eyes as we are now parents too! Chiropractic is the most effective drug-free care out there and we are happy you will discover it.
Ginger
gingermunoz@gmail.com