Friday, August 7, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane




Day 4. No seizures. Praise God!

We leave tomorrow morning Destin bound. I have never been more ready to relax on the beach in my life. My parents left this morning driving and were able to fit Kendall's tummy time swing and bath chair. Hopefully she will enjoy the sand and we will be able to position her bath chair by the waves. I can't wait.
She loves the swing. Immediately when we put her on it this morning she lifted her head up and smiled. Of course I didn't capture that. The second picture she was on a roll. She doesn't use her feet too much, but she was able to push herself a bit. The stand probably won't last us long, but it came with cables to suspend it from a swing-set, door, or tree. Hopefully she will enjoy tummy time more now. Kendall is unique in that she doesn't like being on her belly because when she loses control or drops her head her poor glasses smash right into her face. But if we take the glasses off, she can't see (no in ocular lens implants since her eyes are abnormally small...) I hope this will do the trick!
Oh, and this is my 100th post! Crazy. I'm sure a lot of you have seen the link to turn your blog into a cute little book on the cutest blog on the block page. Well, I went to it and quite effortlessly was able to print my whole blog, pictures, comments, and all! Worth the money to me. Kamden has tons of cute scrapbooks of his life with cute pictures, decorations, etc...all on acid free paper yadda yadda. I SO don't have the time or the creative juices for that anymore, so this will have to do for Kendall! Poor second child!
I pray the next 100 posts speak a lot of no seizures and Kendall hitting developmental milestones...

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

I hope y'all have a great time on your vacation! Enjoy it!

Rhea said...

Praise God for day 4 of no seizures!!! We are thinking about getting the swing for Anna - it's her 2nd birthday today and we got some money. Do you think that it's worth the money?

Liz said...

I have been silently following Kendall's story for a couple of months now. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I have prayed for your daughter. I am so thrilled about the days without seizures. I am inspired by her success.

Enjoy your vacation! Even moreso, now, without the seizures.

Liz & Maddie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and Divine! I am sooo pleased Kendall is responding to the keto diet.

And happy vacation!

AND, the tummy time swing is too cool-looking. So many new baby-things are being invented all the time. Can it be adjusted so that her knees can touch the floor?

Our photo together is up on my post. Thanks for the visit! Barbara

jocalyn said...

I have terrible Internet service and absolutely no phone service!! Guess I'm being forced to take a real vacation!!!

Yes, the swing can be adjusted for her knees to touch the gound. In fact she is in it right now in that position.

The directions with the swing don't want that, but Kendall goes into extention right away if they are not!

She loves the swing, and I feel better about it now that she can kneel in it instead of just sort of dangling there!

Anonymous said...

I'm finally updated on your blogs,and i'm so excited to hear how well she's doing. Be gone seizures......keep up the good work to everyone. Enjoy your vacation,and we will see you soon. Love you guys!

Liz C.