Kendall hasn't slept in 48 hours. She sits there crying non-stop with her eyes wide open.
We looked at starting Melatonin, but decided against it.
I think she doesn't like the hospital, and since she's not feeling well she wants us to know it.
I thought eventually she's poop out and crash, but that hasn't happened yet.
Nonny held her all day yesterday until late. Justin and I tag teamed throughout the night. We had a nurse come in and rock her for 2 hours. I can't sleep when my baby isn't. There's no way around that.
We ruled a bunch of things out: she doesn't have RSV, no pneumonia, no ear infection, no flu, no swine flu, no fevers, the tummy x-ray came back normal, her heart sounds good, her blood sugar is starting to even out. Why won't she settle down? I thought their heavy duty rescue med would have knocked her out. This sucks. She won't eat from her bottle and we are force feeding her her solid food.
We saw the nurse practitioner today who mentioned the g-button before. She may have gotten wind that upset me. She didn't mention it today, and today it would have made sense for her to mention it. I would have handled it better. She needs to eat.
I believe once we are in our home and she's feeling better, she'll eat. I pray.
The head of the Endocrinology department is now officially our Dr. We like him. He's calmed my nerves. He thinks this is do-able. We've increased her Lantus in the morning, hoping this will minimize the corrections during the day. Kendall's acceptable Ketone levels should ideally be around 5. They have been fluctuating between 5.8-6.5. But we're getting closer. Her blood sugars are getting closer to the acceptable range. So, giving more insulin to correct the ketones would be a bad idea. We're hoping it will even out soon. Then we can go home. And Kendall can eat.
Thanks to all you guys for your calls, e-mails, and visits. We're all dragging today. And praying for Kendall to eat and sleep....
1 week ago