Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ICU still

We're still here. Kendall woke up this morning and smiled a little. She's just really weak and not herself. She's sleeping a lot.

Justin stayed here last night and I was able to get some sleep.I ran into our pediatrician in the hallway. He made a special trip here just to see Kendall. As we were walking him out, our awesome ECI friends were here just to give me a hug.our pastor prayed over kendall yesterday too. So I feel better today. My dear friends put together a care package for us... With gift cards and food and advil and magazines. So generous and sweet! Once again I am reminded that I have the best group of friends anyone could ever ask for! So big thanks to you all!
Since I had some rest, I was able to comprehend more from the Drs today. There's too much to write on my phone, but I will get more specific later. We may be getting an insulin pump before we leave, but that's kind of an insurance decision. Kendalls H1N1 test was negative and the grand rod positive culture looks to be a contaminant instead of in her blood or line. So weird.
Anyway, I'm a little too spent to writw any more right now, bu will update again tomorrow. Thanks for your continued prayers. Xoxoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got some rest and that Kendall is smiling! Hospital stays are so exhausting for everyone. Prayers continued for Kendall to get better and for strength for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Well there's a few prayers answered! Just a few more....

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news about the test results - continuing to pray for you and your family. Stay strong!
Donna (Yahoo Keto Group)

Heather said...

Continued prayers here from California.

Reagan Leigh said...

You poor thing. You can just tell how exhausted you are by your post. Continued prayers for little Kendall!

Candace said...

We are praying for Kendall, still. Prayers coming your way to, Jocalyn!