Friday, October 16, 2009

We're Home

We made it home this afternoon.

Sorry I haven't posted. Its been a crazy busy few days. And well, coming home from the hospital is a chore.

Blood sugars are leveling out...good thing our Dr. was doing rounds yesterday and HE knows how to listen! We decreased her Lantus and she's been fine. She's tolerating her feeds perfectly. I'm a bit concerned about some redness around her belly button...and the g-button. They told us what to look for, but I don't remember them mentioning her belly button having a red circle around it?! Her poor belly is still a little hard and puffy. She also developed a pretty bad runny nose. There seems to be a lot of drainage, but no fever and it isn't in her chest...but we'd be silly to think we escaped a week in the hospital during the worst outbreak of the flu unscathed...so I don't think we're out of the woods yet.

We got a pretty cool pump and came home with a bunch of supplies. The Atrium at the hospital was having a craft fair, so I bought Kendall a really cute pink and brown polka dot back pack for her pump! They even embroidered her name for free, so at least she'll be stylin.

I don't feel that relieved feeling everyone said I would have after the surgery. I do think its pretty cool I can burp her manually and just squirt in the meds and formula! But its still a lot of work. I'm sure tomorrow when I don't have to spend 3 hours getting a 4 oz bottle down her I will be relieved. Right now I'm just exhausted and surrounded by loads and loads of laundry and things to find places for!

Thank you all for your words of support this week. I couldn't have made it without you. My Dad was an awesome help keeping Kamden in a routine...giving us breaks at the hospital...and he cleaned my house! Nonny and Poppy helped us get through our stressful day of surgery. Also, a super big thanks to Theresa for the lunch and comic relief yesterday, and my dear sister for her constant support and love. She visited us in the hospital, helped with the swallow study, came over tonight, folded my laundry, and bought Jussy and I dinner. We are very grateful to you all! (It was also an awakening to me how much I really depend on my mom! Since her immune system is so compromised right now, she couldn't be there, and I missed her BIG)

Also, our dear friends on P4...as always, we love you guys. The Dr.'s, nurses, etc.. this time around were even more exceptional than they always are. I can't say enough good things about the Neurology team at Cooks. Also, we had the very best in house Pediatrician in the world. He is by far the best Dr. we have ever dealt with. I wish we could see him all the time. They make a tough time much easier. But I hope we don't have to see any of them for a long long time.

This weekend we will be getting back into the groove. I need to get organized, get back on a running schedule, and get a pedicure. In that order! Maybe I'll actually have a chance to do those things since I wont be spending every waking minute shoving a bottle in Kendall's face!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my big 9 year old Kamden today! I will post pictures from his party last week soon.

Enjoy your weekends!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Happy for you all! Thanks for updating us.

Barbara

TwinsRock08 said...

Thanks for the post. I have been waiting to read this one. Glad you all are home. Have a good weekend. Hugs to Kendall and Happy Birthday to Kam.

Cassie said...

So glad you are home.

Unknown said...

Jocie, I am really happy Kendall is home and in her own enviorment. While you and Justin were putting stuff away Kendall in her chair she was actuall trying to scrath the area around her button with her left hand no less. She must have had an itch. What a smart and beautiful baby she is. She is a real tropper. I know you and Justin are happy to be home and I also know tha Kamden and both dogs are too. You are a great Mom and Justin is a great dad Kendall is blessed to have you both and also to have such a wonderful brother like Kamden. When we got home from school today and Kamden saw your car his first response was "yea Kendalls home". He was truley thrilled. I know this much Jocie that God is with you all and He will continue to hold you all in His Hands. We love you all Big Ed and Roxie

Tara Bennett said...

Hooray for being home and Happy Bday to Kamden! Good luck with your organization, running schedule, and pedi. I like your style =)

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Yipee, You are home.
With the week you have had you really deserve your pedi. We often come home from the hospital with a snotty nose or a cough. We came home with a cough last week.
Take tomorrow off and relax you need to unwind too.

Holly said...

So glad ya'll are home and getting settled in. Relief will get there....one day. Keep you head high and remember I'm just down the street if you need anything.

Hope ya'll are getting some sleep too!